rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 35 Replies | 0 Followers

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
382 Posts
Silver Member
Craig posted on Wed, Mar 1 2017 3:43 PM

I have recently acquired a pair of S45.2 speakers from retro junkie of ebay fame, one of which was described as having a woofer driver seized, not taken them apart as yet due to the volume of mundane tasks dictated by the woman in my life, however I suspect a misaligned magnet as this seems to be the most prevalent thread posted in these rooms. When I get permission to revert to my own activities once more I will chronicle the excercise along with some pictures. 

All Replies

Dillen
Top 10 Contributor
Copenhagen / Denmark
9,420 Posts
Founder

Craig:

looking inside at the crossovers it seems rude not to replace the bipolar capacitors while all this is going on, Martin can you provide me with a set of replacements for two speakers?

Yes.
PM or email me.

Nice work on the woofer!

Martin

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
382 Posts
Silver Member
Craig replied on Sat, Apr 8 2017 3:54 PM

Received the capacitors yesterday, thanks Martin, and the new grill cloth arrived today.......will get onto it tomorrow, now I know how these dislodged magnets can be sorted I will keep an eye out for another to keep as a spare........although I have epoxy glued the magnet and base plate the pole can still move inside.

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
382 Posts
Silver Member

Stripped away the old cloth and gave the plastic support panel a good scrub, the old cloth comes away very easily.

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
382 Posts
Silver Member

New cloth secures from an ebay site feels like good quality and looks pretty good against the remaining old grill, truth to tell my partner Debbie cut and fitted the new covering, more of a girly type of exercise really ;¬)

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
382 Posts
Silver Member

She got the corners quite neat too

Craig
Top 150 Contributor
Yarm, United Kingdom
382 Posts
Silver Member

Finished items ready to go back, I shall address the marks and scratches on the surfaces of the cabinets next before I recap the crossovers.

Page 3 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS