Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

Help with faulty BeoCord V8000

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Beoberg
Top 200 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
250 Posts
Gold Member
Beoberg posted on Fri, Feb 17 2017 2:22 PM

Hi guys,

I got a BeoCord V8000 for free and I was looking forward to watch my old skateboard movies. However the thing does not work. When the tape is inserted it just stalls. The tape will not even eject and has to be removed manually. As far as I can see (I am no expert) the arms that are supposed to grab the tape does not move. Can anyone advise as to how I fix this?

I have shot a video of the problem. Watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nNjveZlPdY&feature=youtu.be

BeoVision 11-55 MKI (primary), BeoLab 9 (front), BeoPlay S8 (sub+rears), BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5, ML/NL converter, BeoVision 6-26 MKIV (bedroom), BeoVision Avant 32 DVD (retro gaming), BeoLab 3500 (living room) BeoLab 4000 (entertainment room), 2x BeoPlay S3 (PC), BeoLit 12 (kitchen), BeoPlay A1 (everywhere), BeoPlay H2/H3 (on the go)

All Replies

MADSYSTEMES ZANUSO
Not Ranked
Paris
6 Posts
Bronze Member

hi

it's philips mecanic, there's two axe that have problem

the first is at the right, a long metalic axe that goes up, in the top where is located the motor loading.

when the motor is charging, it's turn without power, you must fix a little superglue

And the 2nd is the same thing the axe turn around himself, fix it with glue, the best is change them , but it's not easy

Regards

Mr Zanuso

Beoberg
Top 200 Contributor
Odense, Denmark
250 Posts
Gold Member
Beoberg replied on Sat, Feb 18 2017 10:29 AM

Hi Mr Zanuso

Thank you for your answer. Can you be a bit more specific as to what I have to glue together? I don't want to glue the wrong stuff Whistle

Best regards,

Frederik

BeoVision 11-55 MKI (primary), BeoLab 9 (front), BeoPlay S8 (sub+rears), BeoSound 5/BeoMaster 5, ML/NL converter, BeoVision 6-26 MKIV (bedroom), BeoVision Avant 32 DVD (retro gaming), BeoLab 3500 (living room) BeoLab 4000 (entertainment room), 2x BeoPlay S3 (PC), BeoLit 12 (kitchen), BeoPlay A1 (everywhere), BeoPlay H2/H3 (on the go)

solderon29
Top 200 Contributor
U.K.West Midlands
208 Posts
Gold Member

These machines were indeed based upon a Philips design,but capable of quite good results,and of course will integrate into a B&O av system.

They were,as is common with Philips products IMHO,rather crude mechanically,but sophisticated electronically.

I suspect that what the previous poster referred to was a common failing where plastic gears became loose on their shafts,and also various cams and guides simply broke off too!!

Repair was achieved by replacing some  parts with service kits which contained a selection of parts.

Not for the faint  hearted but do-able if you are confident and patient.

I think the service manual is available here.

Regards,

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS