rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 25 Replies | 1 Follower

wonderberry
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member
wonderberry posted on Thu, Feb 16 2017 9:12 PM

Hello everyone

I soon will be buying a present for my father in law and I wanted to purchase Beolit 15, but sale representative from B&O said that B&O discontinued the model and that I should buy A2. Is that truth? I mean the models are so different - how can A2 replace Beolit?

Thank you

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,044 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi and welcome to Beoworld,

there is a rumoured (!) Beolit 17 coming.

If you are not in a hurry, better wait to see if there is thruth in this rumour.

And yes, the A2 is different.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,160 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Feb 16 2017 10:55 PM

wonderberry:

I soon will be buying a present for my father in law and I wanted to purchase Beolit 15, but sale representative from B&O said that B&O discontinued the model and that I should buy A2. Is that truth? I mean the models are so different - how can A2 replace Beolit?

The only similar device for me is the BeoSound 1, which is also about 2x the price! A6 is worth considering if you're seeking a (fairly) portable powerful speaker.

But, as Millemissen rightly points out, the BeoLit 17 is coming (who knows when?) and should replace the BeoLit 15.

wonderberry
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

I need to buy it for the date that is in March so I'll have to buy whats on the market. Thank you

wonderberry
Not Ranked
5 Posts
Bronze Member

I wouldn't call BeoSound portable to be honest. You can move it but very carefully with both hands only...

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,160 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Feb 17 2017 11:54 AM

wonderberry:

I wouldn't call BeoSound portable to be honest. You can move it but very carefully with both hands only...

Pardon? The BeoSound 1 is tiny. You can move it with ease. I've moved it all over the place! Just because it doesn't have a handle (why do you need a handle), doesn't mean it can't be moved.

It deliberately has a steel rod from the tweeter, to enable you to lift and move it.

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
901 Posts
Gold Member
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,160 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Feb 17 2017 3:15 PM

Guy:

Two different BeoSound 1s being discussed, perhaps?

Old: https://www.beoworld.org/prod_details.asp?pid=946

That's very old and you can't buy it for years! I mean the latest BS1. I have one here - it's far more portable than the A6, as an example :)

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,372 Posts
Gold Member
moxxey:

That's very old and you can't buy it for years! I mean the latest BS1. I have one here - it's far more portable than the A6, as an example :)

And compared to the a6

When you try and lift the a6 you generally change the source because your palm touches the touch strip interface

When you lift the BS1 it's more portable because you can move it on the go (battery). The a6 has to be taken out of the wall and then turned on again once you move it

Big Smile

I found moving the BS1 really easy once I followed the same method as the b&o videos. Just scoop your hand under the top and it's easy
moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,160 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Fri, Feb 17 2017 4:52 PM

Aussie Michael:

I found moving the BS1 really easy once I followed the same method as the b&o videos. Just scoop your hand under the top and it's easy

Completely agree. Very easy to move. I've moved it around the house more than anything apart from the A1, so far (and I own an A2, A9, A6, BS3 and most speakers).

It's true you wouldn't take it out-and-about, but would you take the BeoLit 15 out of the house? I've taken my A1 and A2 abroad. Wouldn't take a BeoLit 15 anywhere though.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,372 Posts
Gold Member
moxxey:

Completely agree. Very easy to move. I've moved it around the house more than anything apart from the A1, so far (and I own an A2, A9, A6, BS3 and most speakers).

It's true you wouldn't take it out-and-about, but would you take the BeoLit 15 out of the house? I've taken my A1 and A2 abroad. Wouldn't take a BeoLit 15 anywhere though.

You may take a 15 in the car if you're going to say family vacation or to a holiday house if you're l you enough to have one.

But I also agree that's rare. I have taken the a1 and the a2 for that purpose. You can just chuck them in your bag or the car much easily
Simonbeo
Top 75 Contributor
1,227 Posts
Gold Member

My wife took her Beolit to fill a sports hall with music when doing fitness training for a swimming club. It's more powerful than an A2, I'm sure!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,044 Posts
Bronze Member

wonderberry:

I need to buy it for the date that is in March so I'll have to buy whats on the market. Thank you

What will be his main use with that speaker gift?

Will it be used in a smaller or bigger room?

Does he need something to stream to using his mobile device, or does he expect something, that also might 'work on it's own'?

Must it be (very) mobile, battery driven or?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Aussie Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Melbourne, AU
2,372 Posts
Gold Member
Simonbeo:

My wife took her Beolit to fill a sports hall with music when doing fitness training for a swimming club. It's more powerful than an A2, I'm sure!

Beo Century ,Beoplay V1, Beocenter 6, Ex-Beolit 12, Beotime , A8 , MX 5500 . Beolit 15 , Form 2i , Beolab 2000, Beoplay A3.

That's true it is.
Jeff
Top 50 Contributor
USA
2,450 Posts
Gold Member
Jeff replied on Fri, Feb 17 2017 11:30 PM

Aussie Michael:
Simonbeo:

That's true it is.

Everyone I've demo'd my Beolit 15 too has been impressed, especially when I crank the volume up. It's amazing how loudly and clearly that little box can play. And it seems to sound better the louder it gets.

Jeff

Beovirus victim, it's gotten to be too much to list!

Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS