Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 3 Followers

Weebyx
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
558 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx posted on Tue, Feb 14 2017 11:47 AM

Hi all

are there different versions of the moment regarding hardware ?

is a 2 year old used as good as a brand new one ?

/Jacob 

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 200 Contributor
273 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:31 PM

dont think so, the software has been updated a few times since initial release......if there are updated hardware versions, i'd be interested, as i'm thinking of getting a moment.......

vlohjr1
Top 200 Contributor
316 Posts
Bronze Member
vlohjr1 replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 12:52 PM
Sandyb:

dont think so, the software has been updated a few times since initial release......if there are updated hardware versions, i'd be interested, as i'm thinking of getting a moment.......

I did ask last week as I just enrolled on the beta program and no changes to hardware...
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,307 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 2:08 PM

Have not heard of any hardware versions.

Great to hear that more people are looking into getting a Moment. With the new software its a really awesome product.  And more tweaks are likely to follow.

Sandyb
Top 200 Contributor
273 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 2:21 PM

yes definitely thinking of getting one....though i dont use Deezer, will have a NAS with my CD collection in FLAC, i use TuneIn a lot, and hoping i can bluetooth Tidal from my iPhone for other uses.......need to have a play with it, to see if Bluetooth-ing in Tidal is easy, not too much of a fiddle....

Sal
Top 75 Contributor
California, USA
980 Posts
Bronze Member
Sal replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 2:36 PM

I am as well, thinking of upgrading my Essence MkII to the Moment, especially with word that this new SW makes a world of difference in the usability of the product... bordering on it being potentially an entirely new experience for the end user. 

Weebyx
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
558 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:08 PM

Hiort:

Have not heard of any hardware versions.

Great to hear that more people are looking into getting a Moment. With the new software its a really awesome product.  And more tweaks are likely to follow.

I just thought I read somewhere that people (maybe yourself?) had the screen changed, and that the

new one had better connection to the heart ?

/Jacob 

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
3,938 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 3:10 PM

No that was Chris who said that

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,114 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Tue, Feb 14 2017 8:30 PM

koning:

It depends on what you mean by new hardware.

In changing the faulty Jukebox, I can only conclude that I have a bettered wireless connection from the new Jukebox.

There are no details to find in the exchange tablet itself, but it is clear that my wireless connection is now bettered from -67dBm to -59dBm on the same access point.

So I presume there is a new updated wireless module build in. Small hardware updates are not always mentioned by the supplier.

Is there anything changed in newest Moment's? I really would not know and I suppose nothing significant, because there is nowhere a MKII version available.

And as a member of the Moment's Beta team, the new software 2.... is really something to look forward to. Smile

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,307 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Feb 15 2017 10:46 AM
Weebyx:

I just thought I read somewhere that people (maybe yourself?) had the screen changed, and that the

new one had better connection to the heart ?

/Jacob

Not me..

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,307 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Feb 15 2017 11:50 AM

Sal:

I am as well, thinking of upgrading my Essence MkII to the Moment, especially with word that this new SW makes a world of difference in the usability of the product... bordering on it being potentially an entirely new experience for the end user. 

I would not label it as an "entirely new experience for the end user". 

However, the update improve (bugfix) the product significantly and add a very good search feature. I used to have e.g connection problems to NAS that hampered my use. Also the Twonky integration was a problem to me. All those problems have disappeared.

I think what you get going from Essence is a sleek product that makes a subtle statement in the room and a nice interface where you can browse your content. Mood wheel and Pattern plays adds to that experience.

If I where you I would spend some time at your dealer where you hopefully can spend time getting to know the "revived" Moment.

Weebyx
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
558 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Fri, Feb 17 2017 5:05 PM

Chris:

koning:

It depends on what you mean by new hardware.

In changing the faulty Jukebox, I can only conclude that I have a bettered wireless connection from the new Jukebox.

There are no details to find in the exchange tablet itself, but it is clear that my wireless connection is now bettered from -67dBm to -59dBm on the same access point.

So I presume there is a new updated wireless module build in. Small hardware updates are not always mentioned by the supplier.

Is there anything changed in newest Moment's? I really would not know and I suppose nothing significant, because there is nowhere a MKII version available.

And as a member of the Moment's Beta team, the new software 2.... is really something to look forward to. Smile

Hi Chris

In the Beotool app, it is possible to see Hardware version on the moment.

In the unit I just borrowed, it says

Version :HH1

BOM : G

Could be funny to see if there are different versions here ?

/Jacob

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,307 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Fri, Feb 17 2017 9:16 PM
Mine says HH1 BOM E

Weebyx
Top 150 Contributor
Denmark
558 Posts
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Mon, Feb 27 2017 6:28 PM

Hiort:
Mine says HH1 BOM E

My new Moment says HH1 BOM I (could be an uppercase 'i' or an 'l')

/Weebyx

koning
Top 25 Contributor
holland
3,938 Posts
Bronze Member
koning replied on Tue, Feb 28 2017 6:04 AM

What does this changes mean?

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS