any rumours about other products?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Corbridge, UK
2,954 Posts
Gold Member
Esax:

My dealer said the new oled tv should have a price reduction of about 30% against avant. And a new speaker with beolab 90 technology coming in at 50% above beolab 5.

I heard exactly the same thing. The LGs will be surprisingly better value for money than current sets.....relatively Yes - thumbs up

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

All Replies

TWG
Top 75 Contributor
1,051 Posts
Gold Member
TWG replied on Wed, Feb 15 2017 10:00 AM

Web OS on the HP Touchpad or the Palm Pre devices was brilliant! You can see nowadays many elements that Google and Apple have stolen from the system while still not working so intuitive like Web OS.

On the LG TV sets it is okay but not as fast and intuitive as it should - like on the old Palm and HP devices. But for me the system works better than the Android TV system. I'm asking myself if Google gets anything right nowadays!? The Android phones are okay but Android Wear on the watches... oh dear.

Maybe B&O acts with the Android TVs like they did while introducing Beosound Essence MK2 shortly after the MK1: They left their customers standing in the rain!

chguillarme
Not Ranked
46 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

I don't totally agree with you regarding the Essence MKI : I was 1 of the first buyers and I had an offer beginning of last year to get a free update to an essence MKII while buying any multiroom device : that's when I had ùmy first Beoplay A6.

So I don't think they totally let me down.

Christophe.

Beolab 1, Beovision 7-32, Beosound Moment, Beolab 18, Beolab 19, Beoplay A6 Grey, Beoplay A6 Black, Beolit 15, Beoplay H7, Beosound Essence mkII waiting for speakers :)

Chris Townsend
Top 50 Contributor
Corbridge, UK
2,954 Posts
Gold Member
There are some rather nice end of term Beolab 5s coming in black apparently I hearYes - thumbs up

Beovision 7-55 Mk2, Avant RF 28, Beolab 5,  Beolit 15,  Beoplay A1/A2, Beocom 2, Beotime, H3 ANC/H8/H6/H2, Form 2, Beoplay A3, Beovision 5-42 connected to a DVD1

Austin
Top 500 Contributor
United States
74 Posts
Bronze Member
Austin replied on Wed, Feb 15 2017 8:05 PM

Speaking of rumors, has anyone heard of B&O finally offering high quality streaming? I know Deezer offers this, but it's exclusive to Sonos. If so, would that be a software update to an Essence MKII or would that require new hardware?

Bv7Mk3
Top 100 Contributor
uk
741 Posts
Bronze Member
Bv7Mk3 replied on Sun, Mar 19 2017 8:52 PM

As I understand it, the new Bv Oled tv could bebased on  the LG E6 tv.

Here is a review of t he E6 tv.

http://www.insideci.co.uk/reviews/lg-4k-ultra-hd-oled-e6-hdr-tv-review.aspx

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,144 Posts
Bronze Member

The E6?

That would be last years model!

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,772 Posts
Gold Member
Remember Bang and Olufsen always use tried and tested technology

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,144 Posts
Bronze Member

Sure, but this time they don't 'use technology'.

These tv's will be built by LG - why should they use E6-series, when the E7 is already there now (right in time for the LG/B&O tv's to arrive)?

MM

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
132 Posts
Bronze Member

First of all, It will be a 17 panel, it is no more a B&O television but a B&O/LG television. And one thing is for sure, LG would be insane to release a high end model with old technology. Also expect a much faster release time schedule in the future.

Second of all, stop saying E7 serie. LG use the same panel in all B7/C7/E7/G7/W7, so does not make any sense. They have one panel, and that is what all use, LG, Sony, Panasonic and Philips.

Also expect the three size 55" 65" 77" 

My guess would be specific the 77" will be highlighted as B&O customer is used to large size compared to other brand customers.

Beolab 20, Beolab 17, Transmitter 1

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,144 Posts
Bronze Member

@Emil

Why would a LG costumer spend more money on a E series tv, when he can get the same with a B series?

MM

Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
132 Posts
Bronze Member

Good question, but the same reason why you would give more for an B&O,

Better remote

Better speaker system

All Glass design

Picture is exactly the same on a B7 as a G7

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,144 Posts
Bronze Member

Well, I guess there will be a lot more differences between a B&O tv and a non-B&O tv than between the diffent versions/series of the LG tv's!

That said - you are right.

Maybe we should stop saying 'E'.

Generally I am with you - it would be nonsense to use a last years panel in a B&O/LG tv.

They probably are sold out/out of production, anyway.

Did a quick google search and found this:

'The rest of the differences relate to styling. Here's a rundown.

• B7: crescent stand, "blade slim" look
  • C7: premium aluminum stand and bezel
  • E7: picture-on-glass design with integrated sound bar (similar to 2016 E6)
  • G7: picture-on-glass design with foldable integrated sound bar
  • W7: ultra-thin picture-on-wall design with separate sound bar'

Source: https://www.cnet.com/products/lg-b7-series/preview/

MM

Barry Santini
Top 150 Contributor
New York
364 Posts
Bronze Member
Seanie_230:

Remember Bang and Olufsen always use tried and tested technology BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

Or untried and untested software
Emil Jensen
Top 500 Contributor
Denmark
132 Posts
Bronze Member

Millemissen:

Well, I guess there will be a lot more differences between a B&O tv and a non-B&O tv than between the diffent versions/series of the LG tv's!

MM

I hope so.

I have a LG OLED now, and the Picture is perfect, but I am in the marked for an B&O OLED, as I miss:

A good remote

A good center speaker

Simpel control(puc)

Advance sound processor

And that B&O magic

So I am looking very close at the release.

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,144 Posts
Bronze Member

Emil Jensen:

Millemissen:

MM

I hope so.

I have a LG OLED now, and the Picture is perfect, but I am in the marked for an B&O OLED, as I miss:

A good remote

A good center speaker

Simpel control(puc)

Advance sound processor

And that B&O magic

So I am looking very close at the release.

People are generally very 'picture fixated' nowadays.

Of course this is a personal decicion, somehow a question of prioritizing.

Personally I would never give up a recent BV for the picture quality/experience of an LG OLED-tv - for exact the reasons, that you have listed above.

Best thing would be a combination - the combination, that we all are waiting for.

However, if there is 'too much LG' in the coming B&O/LG BV, I surely would consider staying with a BV11 or the Avant 2014.

The benefit of 4K, HDR etc of a display would not be enough to outweight the ease of having a BV11/V1/Avant 2014 in my setup for my everydayuse.

Maybe some day, when higher quality video becomes normality (and my room becomes bigger), this will change?

P.S. The saved money could go into better speakers, then ;-)

MM

Page 4 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS