This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Wild Ruedi
Not Ranked
Zürich Switzerland
Posts 21
Bronze Member
Wild Ruedi Posted: Sun, Feb 5 2017 10:39 PM

Hello

My BS5 suffered from staggering replay from the memory.

I have followed the various attempts to change the HDD to SSD. I bought SSD crucial MX 300 1 TB.- 1050GB to be precise. Also: sharkoon  Quickport XT duo clone.

Workaround: Connect the cloner to PC and plug new SSD in any slot. Formate SSD Fat32. Unplug cloner from PC. Plug original HDD in clonerslot1 new SSD slot2. Start cloner and wait, watch the LED for progress. It takes about 3 hrs.

Put back SSD in BS5, plug everthing together, plug in mains, wait until System is ready and enjoy the quick response at the wheel and the fast browsing through albums. The memory plays smooth.

No more worries about mechanical failure!

Best regards

Ruedi

Weebyx
Top 100 Contributor
Denmark
Posts 757
Bronze Member
Weebyx replied on Mon, Feb 6 2017 6:51 AM

Wild Ruedi:

Hello

My BS5 suffered from staggering replay from the memory.

I have followed the various attempts to change the HDD to SSD. I bought SSD crucial MX 300 1 TB.- 1050GB to be precise. Also: sharkoon  Quickport XT duo clone.

Workaround: Connect the cloner to PC and plug new SSD in any slot. Formate SSD Fat32. Unplug cloner from PC. Plug original HDD in clonerslot1 new SSD slot2. Start cloner and wait, watch the LED for progress. It takes about 3 hrs.

Put back SSD in BS5, plug everthing together, plug in mains, wait until System is ready and enjoy the quick response at the wheel and the fast browsing through albums. The memory plays smooth.

No more worries about mechanical failure!

Best regards

Ruedi

Was your original HDD 500gb or 1TB ?

And still no problem with SW updates ?

/Weebyx

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 270
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Mon, Feb 6 2017 1:00 PM
Thanks for the tip. That is a quite nice and straight forward approach.

I hope that the MX300 will work flawlessly for you, someone mentioned that only the MX100 would be supported by the BM5.

Please let us know how it goes, I am also having a 1TB and the response is sometimes slow on mine as well.
Wild Ruedi
Not Ranked
Zürich Switzerland
Posts 21
Bronze Member

It was 1TB and I have Spotify - all works perfect. I have not tried the update function since it says, that my cloned software is updated.

Wild Ruedi
Not Ranked
Zürich Switzerland
Posts 21
Bronze Member

It was 1TB and I have Spotify - all works perfect. I have not tried the update function since it says, that my cloned software is updated.

Wild Ruedi
Not Ranked
Zürich Switzerland
Posts 21
Bronze Member

Wild Ruedi:

I have tried the update - and it works! First I made a reboot from recovery witch sets the sofware to delivery status: update lost, settings lost, music files 

remain untouched. It takes a while. Then settings - update and the download starts as ever. In short time the update is done and Spotify + A Aux

is back. So far I did not use the service mode nor the USB service tool. The easy way.

regards Ruedi

beolion
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 270
Bronze Member
beolion replied on Sat, Feb 11 2017 9:32 PM
Thanks for your update.
wantoniak
Not Ranked
Posts 22
Bronze Member

Hi

How is your replacement drive?

Hope all works well. Can you please confirm that your drive  model number is Crucial SSD MX300 1050GB 2,5" (CT1050MX300SSD1)

Thanks

Wild Ruedi
Not Ranked
Zürich Switzerland
Posts 21
Bronze Member

Correct!

and it works perfect!

regards Ruedi

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS