rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 3 Followers

garnaout
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
garnaout posted on Sat, Jan 28 2017 12:51 AM

Hey guys,

I just joined this forum and the information here and the community is great!

I bought a condo that has an existing BeoSystem 5, BeoLab3 speakers, integrated wall speakers, as well as the IR eyes all over the place.  The sound quality is AMAZING however the system doesn't work very well for my needs.

Here is what I am trying to accomplish:

1- It's must for me to be able to stream from Spotify and currently the system doesn't allow it

2- It's a BIG plus to be able to integrate it w/ my Alexa (Amazon Echo) 

3- Integrate the sound system w/ my existing Samsung TV (Not B&O)

The B&O rep who I worked with recommended me to upgrade my system (5k+) or switch to Sonos.  Sonos is great but I don't think the quality is near what I am getting today w/ B&O so are there any experts here who could recommend some hacks or solutions to get at least (1) working before I sell the system and downgrade to Sonos?

All Replies

Steph
Top 75 Contributor
France
933 Posts
Bronze Member
Steph replied on Sun, Feb 5 2017 10:52 AM

Yes, i own a BeoSound 5 and love the interface !! Big Smile

BeoSound 5

The plus :

- Heavy and tactile-feeling aluminium control wheels
- Stunning build quality
- Sharp, high-quality screen
- Searching through music is amazingly enjoyable
- MOTS auto playlists
- Lossless music files
- BeoMaster 5 storage
- Master Link (NL with converter)
- Streaming music integrated (Spotify)

The minus :

- No keyboard : searching through a "giant" music collection can be long !
- Streaming actors are missing : deezer, apple music,...
- Too many cables between BS5, BM5 and router. Wi-fi and bluetooth need a dongle
- The cover art of music albums from Gracenote are low resolution. They must be change manually with a computer

Don't forget it's a music system from 2008.
I can understand that nowadays, it can be outdated for the young generation who listen to music with smartphone and tablets through headphones and connected speakers.

I still love my BeoSound 5, really. But the Moment is another option, a more modern wireless music system that integrates music collection and services into one.

Duels
Top 75 Contributor
England
1,139 Posts
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Feb 5 2017 12:37 PM
I totally agree With you Steph. I still love using mine. It's different, it's quirky and everyone who visits thinks it looks great.
Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
77 Posts
Gold Member
Martin replied on Mon, Mar 20 2017 1:26 PM

Hi, Is soundquality from AUX-input (Beosound 5) really terrible? I was thinking of getting a Chromecast Audio with Behringer UFO-202. Is this really a bad setup (sound quality) if you compare playing CD:s from the harddrive (beomaster 5)? Is there a lot of degradation in sound quality just because of use of USB- A.AUX-in in the Beosound 5?

Best Regards
Martin Ström 

Beovision 7-55 3D with Bluray (sw 13.12), Beolab 5 (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3, Beolab 3500, Beo4, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5,  Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beo 6, Beolink Gateway (Beolink App)

Martin
Top 500 Contributor
Sweden
77 Posts
Gold Member
Martin replied on Tue, Mar 21 2017 10:11 AM

Hi, How "bad" is the aux-input? Have you tried a Behringer USB-converter?

Is it especielly the AUX-input soundwise that is bad? Do you know why it is bad sound quality just on aux-input?

Best Regards
Martin Ström

Beovision 7-55 3D with Bluray (sw 13.12), Beolab 5 (sw 3.30a), Beolab 3, Beolab 3500, Beo4, Beosound 5, Beomaster 5,  Beosound 9000 Mark III (sw 3.4), Beo 6, Beolink Gateway (Beolink App)

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS