Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

Can't connect M5 to Beoplay App - can anyone help?

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 18 Replies | 4 Followers

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member
daneshpastry posted on Thu, Jan 12 2017 12:04 AM

I went through a whole ordeal with B&O on the phone getting my new M5 connected to my wifi network (ended up using BeoSetup....which is mentioned nowhere in the manual).

I can now using Google Cast, etc., but I can't get the M5 added to my devices in the Beoplay app. I'd like to be able to adjust the equalizer and room adjustment settings.

Can anyone help? The error message I get says: "Products doesn't seem to be available on this WiFi. Connect the phone to the same WiFi as the products..."

Of course, I am connect to the same network - I only have one wifi network.

I'm very frustrated. :/

All Replies

djfairley89
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
M5 not able to be connected to the Beoplay app only the BeoMusic/set up apps. Using beomusic under product settings you can adjust bass & treble though. Hope that helps.

Dave
daneshpastry
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member

I don't understand - the instruction manual specifically says to use the Beoplay App - plus I can't locate any EQ settings in the Beomusic app (am I missing something?)

It's a Beoplay products - why wouldn't you be able to use the Beoplay app?

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
263 Posts
Silver Member
egges replied on Thu, Jan 12 2017 7:20 AM

have you been in the bluetoothsettings of your device and connected the speaker manually?

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2 (drahtlos), BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones) und als Frühstücksradio gewissermaßen: A6 oxidised brass SE

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
263 Posts
Silver Member
egges replied on Thu, Jan 12 2017 8:23 AM

djfairley89:
M5 not able to be connected to the Beoplay app only the BeoMusic/set up apps. Using beomusic under product settings you can adjust bass & treble though. Hope that helps.

Dave

sorry, you are wrong. at least with my M5.

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2 (drahtlos), BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones) und als Frühstücksradio gewissermaßen: A6 oxidised brass SE

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member

I have connected the speaker with both Bluetooth and Ethernet. No success with the Beoplay app. :(

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
368 Posts
Bronze Member
I have go to the finalisation process in the BeoPlay app but it just hangs. I have successfully setup two units via BeoSetup app. There sound adjustments for Bass, Treble and Loudness should feature in a new software update. I currently find the M5 to overpowering with the Bass.
daneshpastry
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member

I also find the bass over powering....I'd really like to be able to adjust it. 

w5bno123
Top 150 Contributor
London
368 Posts
Bronze Member
The tonal control feature is coming soon. Wink
daneshpastry
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member

Wouldn't be useful to me if I can't connect to the app! :(

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
96 Posts
Silver Member
Ralf replied on Tue, Jan 17 2017 5:38 PM

Hi,

check, that you have the latest version of the App. They added support for the M5 in their last update.

I had the same issue, after pairing the M5 with may iPad (Bluetooth Options) the App found the M5.

But there is no bass or treble setting, just  3 options for the place: corner, wall, free.

My M5 in the kitchen is still to bass heavy.  Powered up the toast is 'jumping high and low', everything nearby is dancing. I tried all options.

May be the next firmware will have more options.

Ralf

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
36 Posts
Bronze Member

Has anyone had any new luck with this?

I have the latest app update - still no luck. 

Ralf
Top 500 Contributor
Hamburg Germany
96 Posts
Silver Member
Ralf replied on Mon, Jan 30 2017 4:10 PM

Try to pair the M5 again in Blutooth setting from your ipad. (disconnect and pair again)

Close the Beoaplay App (wipe it out after doubleclick the home buton)

Reopen the app, distance between M5 and Ipad / iPhone should not more than 2-3 m.

This works for me.

Ralf

Hennes
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Bronze Member
Hennes replied on Sun, Feb 12 2017 10:45 AM

I have the very same problem. I have tried just about everything to connect the M5 to the BeoPlay app. I keep receiving the exact same erroer "Product doesnt seem..."

I am just about to return the product, since I is to no good use like this.

Did anyone find a solution? I have also tried the BeoMusic app - doesn't work. Of course all devices are connected to the same WiFi. To me it seems it is the app that causes the problem.

I am using Android. Does anyone have any experience in IOS instead?

egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
263 Posts
Silver Member
egges replied on Sun, Feb 12 2017 11:09 AM

just checked it with the iPad: no problem at all

good luck!

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS