rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 9 Replies | 2 Followers

hob
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
hob posted on Wed, Jan 11 2017 4:22 PM

Hi all

Sorry if this is obvious, but google brought up confusing info: Does the BeoRemote One work with Beovision 10-46 TV?

Best

H

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,450 Posts
Founder
Verified by hob
hob:

Hi all

Sorry if this is obvious, but google brought up confusing info: Does the BeoRemote One work with Beovision 10-46 TV?

Best

H

Yes it does!

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

All Replies

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,450 Posts
Founder
Verified by hob
hob:

Hi all

Best

H

Yes it does!

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
201 Posts
Silver Member
StKong replied on Wed, Jan 11 2017 4:56 PM

I, too, am confused. Is there a dedicated BT and a dedicated IR version of the BeoRemote One?

Is B&O phasing out infra-red controlling? I have heard that BT-controlled products, such as the Essence, do not operate as smoothly as one is used to with the ordinary remotes. 

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,038 Posts
Bronze Member

Yes the new ones - the BT ones - are the only remotes, that can be used with the new BV's.

Actually the two are quite different!

I suppose, that they are phasing out ir (the BT version of the BROne though, has ir-modes as well).

Time will tell - at least when the LL/B&O-tv are coming, we will know.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
201 Posts
Silver Member
StKong replied on Thu, Jan 12 2017 12:18 PM
I am about to install several IR-eyes in with Essence units. I don't have much need for TV's but am of course interested in what the future will hold.

The IR-eyes attach to network cables, so I gather it should be possible to upgrade in case of an all-BT future.
hob
Not Ranked
2 Posts
Bronze Member
hob replied on Tue, Jan 17 2017 12:14 PM

Thanks, yes it does work :-)

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,038 Posts
Bronze Member

StKong:
I am about to install several IR-eyes in with Essence units. I don't have much need for TV's but am of course interested in what the future will hold.

The IR-eyes attach to network cables, so I gather it should be possible to upgrade in case of an all-BT future.

In case there will be a future update for controlling the Essence boxes, I am sure that you will need the BT version of the BROne....

....and you won't need an eye/receiver for that - it will be paired directly with the box.

If you are not in a hurry, you - maybe - should wait for that update (my guess is, that it will come soon).

Why not let your dealer contact Struer for a (possible) answer to 'if and when'!

Would be a bit too much efford to install ir-eyes and cables, that you maybe won't need in the (near) future.

On the other hand, if you already have some ir-Beo's, it might be ok so  - although, I expect that you will have more commands at hand with a BT-based remote control solution.

MM

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
201 Posts
Silver Member
StKong replied on Tue, Jan 17 2017 1:35 PM
Millemissen:

In case there will be a future update for controlling the Essence boxes, I am sure that you will need the BT version of the BROne....

....and you won't need an eye/receiver for that - it will be paired directly with the box.

If you are not in a hurry, you - maybe - should wait for that update (my guess is, that it will come soon).

Why not let your dealer contact Struer for a (possible) answer to 'if and when'!

Would be a bit too much efford to install ir-eyes and cables, that you maybe won't need in the (near) future.

On the other hand, if you already have some ir-Beo's, it might be ok so - although, I expect that you will have more commands at hand with a BT-based remote control solution.

MM

Thanks, again MM. With several Essences hidden away in a tech room, I think the cabled version is difficult to avoid, but I will follow the development closely. I imagine the end-eye may one day become BT.

With regards to dealerships in the Copenhagen area and their knowledge of Multiroom-installations I have yet to be impressed. Unsure
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,038 Posts
Bronze Member

StKong:

With several Essences hidden away in a tech room, I think the cabled version is difficult to avoid, but I will follow the development closely. I imagine the end-eye may one day become BT.

And I can hardly imagine an external BT-eye!

On the other hand - B&O have to think about something for this kind of hidden installation.

Did you already try to connect a 'wheely' via bluetooth.

If yes and the distance is too big - why not write Struer and ask what to do (with your hidden boxes).

(I guess the problem will be the same whether you use a 'wheely' or a BT/BeoRemote.)

MM

StKong
Top 500 Contributor
Copenhagen
201 Posts
Silver Member
StKong replied on Wed, Jan 18 2017 7:00 AM
Millemissen:

And I can hardly imagine an external BT-eye!

On the other hand - B&O have to think about something for this kind of hidden installation.

Did you already try to connect a 'wheely' via bluetooth.

If yes and the distance is too big - why not write Struer and ask what to do (with your hidden boxes).

(I guess the problem will be the same whether you use a 'wheely' or a BT/BeoRemote.)

MM

But the BT remote has infrared as well, so there is no problem with the current link eyes.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS