rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

alvinedyvane
Not Ranked
Portsmouth
4 Posts
Silver Member
alvinedyvane posted on Tue, Jan 10 2017 10:35 PM

Hi all. I have had the Beivision 5 unit for some time now and have experienced the frustrations of tech moving with the times. I have used Apple TV via a Keene scart converter for example for years. 

But recently I decided to give the Amazon Fire TV a whirl but even via a HD video converter I seem to struggle to get it to work.

is anyone else succeeding with this?

Am I using the right or wrong converter?

thanks

alvin

All Replies

kallasr
Top 50 Contributor
Germany
2,151 Posts
Bronze Member
So the apple tv hdmi connection via the scart converter works, the fire tv one not?

Did you try to set the resolution of the fire tv to 720p (using a minitor or other tv set with hdmi input)?

I used an active hdmi to s-video converter from ligawo to connect a fire tv stick to a Loewe CRT.

So there is a solution for you for sure.

Ralf

Beosystem 4 with Beolab 7-6 on table stand (Center), Beolab 8000 (Fronts), Beolab 4000 (Rears) and Beolab 2. Screen: Sony 55W905A. BeoVision 4-50 HD ready (D9) with Beosystem 3 MK I with Beolab 7-2 on table stand (Center) and Loewe L1 via Beolink Passive Amp (Fronts). Beovision 7-40 MK III on motorised stand with Beolab 7-2. Beosound 9000 MK3 on horizontal wall bracket with Beolab 5000 Speakers. Beovox Cona + Beovox CX100 White with Yamaha Stereo with Bluetooth dongle for iPhone/iPad. In storage: Beolab 5000/Beomaster 5000. 

simon8201
Not Ranked
Devon
42 Posts
Bronze Member

I use one of these connected to the side panel (composite connections)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00NGHAPBI?keywords=hdmi%20converter&qid=1457688578&ref_=sr_1_3&sr=8-3

I notice it's listed as currently unavailable, but there must be something v similar out there. I use it for my amazon fire stick and it works well. I do get a bit of a 'buzz' at high volume but otherwise it's good! The problem I had when I installed it was picture and no sound-it was solved by connecting the box to the mains electricity by the included usb adapter plug. So far, it's worked well enough for me to hold of purchasing a newer Beovision!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS