rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 279 Replies | 8 Followers

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
andersenpost posted on Mon, Jan 2 2017 2:44 PM

Hi,

I have bought the beovision 14 55" 3 weeks ago - and i love it!

.. but some things is really bothering me:

1) after I added a HDD, then its not possible to get an alert when a specific tv-show is on - this due to that the new "record" option replaced to old "plan" option - can I get i back somehow?

2) The tv guide keeps crashing - do you know when the next software upgrade is planned?

3) Chromecast streaming keeps crashing - it worked smoothly on my old beo11

4) when I power on my tv to radio it often turns on normal tv and vice versa - have you experienced the same?

5) can I add spotify as an option directly on the remote?

thx

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Fri, Jul 14 2017 10:25 AM
Verified by frank50

Thanks! Let's  hope it is not delayed again.

All Replies

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
1,302 Posts
Gold Member
Sandyb:

Doubtful about pricing....the 55 inch BV14 is around 6500 pounds, the 55 Avant is around 8000, so the 55 Eclipse is likely to be in the same postcode......so I suspect you are about right....

The official BV14-55 price is 9.175 € with motorised stand (standard speaker fret). 8.300 € tv alone standard speaker fret, 875 € motorised floor stand, 780 € oak).
Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Sun, Jul 23 2017 4:30 PM

yes, 8300 euros is pretty close to the 6500 i quoted....ok maybe i understated a bit, but only a bit.....regardless, when was the last time B&O priced a Tv set cheaply? My point remains, the 55 inch Eclipse ( if there is one) will surely be in line with their other TVs...the Avant will be discontinued, and replaced by the Eclipse, which suggests even further it will not be priced more attractively than either the BV14 or the existing Avant.......

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,824 Posts
Bronze Member

mbee:

Millemissen:
Rumoured - from a rather reliable source - price in Denmark for the BV Eciplse 55" is DKK. 63.000.

I think there is a mistake : the LG "wallpaper" OLED is only available from 65"... At approx. 8k€. If your price is for a 65" Eclipse, it would mean that the Eclipse is only €500 more than the LG version... 

??? The Eclipse is not a 'wallpaper' OLED - would be strange to have a wallpaper tv on a stand.

Loewe offer their Bild 7 OLED tv's in 55" and 65" - why shouldn't B&O?

Note: the pice mentioned is for the 55" version.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

Rob
Not Ranked
Germany
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Rob replied on Wed, Aug 9 2017 9:14 PM
Re. The Avant NG - after all the posts on here, with all fairness, I Just want to say, I can't complain. Had the set for a few weeks now and I don't regret the purchase. I don't have a problem with the remote either.

Rob
kuyttendaele
Top 200 Contributor
323 Posts
Founder

Same here.. after numerous software updates my BV14-40 is pretty good!

Karel.

9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
6,688 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Aug 9 2017 9:30 PM

Sandyb:

.....which suggests even further it will not be priced more attractively than either the BV14 or the existing Avant.......

.... which will then hammer the values of the BV14 and exiting Avant to the point that when the dealer makes a part exchange offer the customer will tell him/her to go take a hike.  "Cost to change" isn't something most people can work on - they just see "I paid x-amount for that TV 2 years ago, and now it's only worth y-amount - and that's a huge loss.."

On that front, I sympathise with B&O - but more so the dealers who just can't win no matter what happens when prices drop.

I hope B&O dealers across the world sell 25 Eclipse's a week. That would make me so happy.  I'm also crossing my fingers, toes, arms, legs and nasal hair that it hits the ground running with zero software issues.

Lee

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
Agreed, I was just responding to an earlier suggestion that the new TV would be more modestly priced...you may know more than me, but I thoroughly doubt the new sets will be "cheap".....they don't want a stream of 14s and Avant coming back for a part exchange if the prices are similar, as then the second hand values of those would suffer...so if that's what you're driving at, I agree....

In the end it probably doesn't make much difference..if the 14 55 is 7k, an Eclipse 55 will probably be between 8.5 and 9k...the incentive to upgrade will likely be driven by how compelling the new TV us, just as much as the price difference
9 LEE
Top 10 Contributor
Eastbourne, UK
6,688 Posts
Founder
9 LEE replied on Wed, Aug 9 2017 10:09 PM

I have to say the BV14 image quality is incredible when watching 4k.  I don't know any other company who can tune an LCD panel like B&O.  Even the 2008/9 BV7-40 Mk3 picture still looks perfectly acceptable in 2017 against current offerings by the mass market producers!!

As for knowing more than you - actually I don't, for once!  I could, of course, tap-up my sources for plenty of details - but nobody has thrown at me images and specs. I do know the basics, but not the fine details of the new Eclipse.  I've been too busy in my own little bubble to get over excited - but everyone is raving about the sound.

Everything about the panel is LG - it's the sound that's truly B&O.  I've also had a bit of feedback that some dealers are a bit upset that it sounds SO good they may struggle to sell speakers alongside it!

Let's see when it's launched then!

Lee

Sandyb
Top 100 Contributor
690 Posts
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Wed, Aug 9 2017 10:24 PM
That's encouraging with respect to the sound on the new TV sets.

As for picture quality, I thought the 4k images on my 14 looked pretty good, but I wasn't blown away. I was using streamed content via Netflix or Prime, if that's any help.

I eventually changed the 14 for a first generation Avant, as I got bored with the motion blurring on the 14, which was really bad as was the handling of dark scenes , and in the end had an aversion to anything Android. And that's after living with the 14 for 7 months, so gave it a good go.

I think the general image on the Avant is better, more even and a better all round performer, especially for my 95% use case, being broadcast HD.

Miss the design of the 14 though, which was so very cool
Rob
Not Ranked
Germany
22 Posts
Bronze Member
Rob replied on Thu, Aug 10 2017 4:29 AM
Now I was primed on here to look for motion blurring, so I have been looking and maybe my eyes are bad, but I can not confirm any irritation to this regard. Due to the better image we can now sit closer to the TV, which is also made possible by the stand of the Avant, which (in my opinion) is just absolutely wow.

Re design: In my personal case, i have oak floors in a 500 year old Tudor house, so oak frets and the "mini" stand of the 14 would have looked out of place. But ok, I concur that's subjective.

As for Android, I have every reason to believe that this platform will continue to be developed and improved and that it will be sustainable. Like it or not, over the air updates are part of the product experience. Regular improvements to operating systems/apps are just part of the deal, even if they do not always work perfectly from day one, it's our new reality.

Resale values: So what's new - I have owned an Avant DVD and a BV5 before, both at the time were an absolute joy, I used them for many years and like most 10 year old products, they were nearly worthless compared to their new prices. Manufacturer/dealer supported trade-in campaigns (as was the case with my new Avant) were a welcome experience. The general rule is simple: If you want to "trade in" every say two years and you can drive, sail or fly it (i.e. It's a luxury item), then you rent it and you don't buy it :-)... The exceptions are special collectors things - Landrover Defender Heritage or say a BS9000 in the White numbered edition. These are rules that I have lived well by, everything else is burning money.
digi
Top 500 Contributor
Bremen
64 Posts
Bronze Member
digi replied on Mon, Oct 23 2017 6:16 PM

Are there any rumours about the next software update? When will it come?

BV 14-55 mit BL 18, BL 8000, BL 2, BeoRemote One-BT, ATV 3; BS 9000 & BS 4500 mit BL 12-3, BL 12-2, BeoLink 1000, AAX 2; BeoLine mit BC 2, BC 6000; BS 8; BeoVox CX100; BeoTime (analog), BeoTime (digital); Earphone A8+H3

Alexwebb
Not Ranked
20 Posts
Bronze Member

I was told that there is a software update available imminently. That came from the UK Regional Sales manager! Next few weeks. 

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi,

which cable are you using for 4k experience on your Beovision?

I bought an high speed cable but apple tv only recognize it running 4:2:2 and not 4:4:4!

I was thinking about buying this one - but 2m is too long:)

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HLL52ZM/A/belkin-ultra-high-speed-4k-hdmi-cable-2m

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
87 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Wed, Oct 25 2017 6:44 PM

Alexwebb:

I was told that there is a software update available imminently. That came from the UK Regional Sales manager! Next few weeks. 

I have heard such before.....

andersenpost
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member

I got the update on saturday - it took app. 30 minutes, so it must be a heavy update.. only thing I noticed was the bootup time of the TV is faster now.

Page 18 of 19 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > | RSS