Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

Potential new lg oled tv from B&o this year?

rated by 0 users
This post has 87 Replies | 3 Followers

BeoGreg
Top 75 Contributor
South of France
Posts 1,191
Gold Member
BeoGreg replied on Fri, May 19 2017 3:09 PM
Sorry for my misunderstanding. Apparatus means "appareil" in french so should include the tv sets also not only accessories !
linder
Top 75 Contributor
United States
Posts 958
Founder
linder replied on Fri, May 19 2017 4:49 PM

BeoGreg:
Sorry for my misunderstanding. Apparatus means "appareil" in french so should include the tv sets also not only accessories !

I don't think you have misunderstood the descriptions which are intentionally vague.  Accessories could allude to different configurations of the TV such as wall mounted, on a stand, or on a shelf.  I am planning on a wall mounted system.  I will only need the center speaker and will use my Beolab 9s.

Bang and Olufsen was mentioned in the presentation of Google assistant.  It sounds like we will be able to chat with Beoplay devices,Beosound Shape and probably the TVs.  It is possible the new Beovision will be Android based instead of WebOS.  Any other ideas? 

AngloApulian
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
linder:

I don't think you have misunderstood the descriptions which are intentionally vague. Accessories could allude to different configurations of the TV such as wall mounted, on a stand, or on a shelf. I am planning on a wall mounted system. I will only need the center speaker and will use my Beolab 9s.

Bang and Olufsen was mentioned in the presentation of Google assistant. It sounds like we will be able to chat with Beoplay devices,Beosound Shape and probably the TVs. It is possible the new Beovision will be Android based instead of WebOS. Any other ideas?

All the media reports I've read so far have mentioned that the partnership with LG for the OLED panels also include the new OLED TVs using the WebOS platform and I hope that is the case. Android TV has proved to be buggy, unreliable and in some instances insecure. I'd take WebOS over Android TV any day.
Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,361
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Fri, May 19 2017 5:45 PM
AngloApulian:

All the media reports I've read so far have mentioned that the partnership with LG for the OLED panels also include the new OLED TVs using the WebOS platform and I hope that is the case. Android TV has proved to be buggy, unreliable and in some instances insecure. I'd take WebOS over Android TV any day.

The intel I have (from LG) is that for sure it will be WebOS.

AngloApulian
Not Ranked
Posts 6
Bronze Member
Hiort:

The intel I have (from LG) is that for sure it will be WebOS.

Yep. Forgot to include the link to this press release in my previous post: http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2016/03/lg-enters-strategic-technological-partnership-with-bang-olufsen-to-develop-premium-oled-tv/

Of course, I would prefer it if B&O developed their own proprietary OS for their TVs to better integrate with all their other products but WebOS sounds promising. Smile
linder
Top 75 Contributor
United States
Posts 958
Founder
linder replied on Fri, May 19 2017 6:06 PM

AngloApulian.  I agree.  I don't like any Google products.  I hope B&O uses WebOS.  However it seems that B&O is going to use Google Assistant in many of their other products including Beosound Shape.  My preference for using the new Beovisions is the option to operate in a sort of standard mode.  I am already using AppleTV and cable and don't want anything else.  I also hope the NLML converter will work with the new TV in order to connect my ML devices.

Peter Pan
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 634
Bronze Member
Peter Pan replied on Fri, May 19 2017 8:51 PM

BeoCenter AV5 -1997 - 2001. In Widescreen. =  BeoVision Eclipse.  Big Smile

There would be room for everything in that box. But you never know
where ugly it can be if B&O also leaves LC about the design.

Regards / Peter Pan.

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 6,907
Founder
elephant replied on Sat, May 20 2017 4:23 AM
Peter Pan:

BeoCenter AV5 -1997 - 2001. In Widescreen. = BeoVision Eclipse. There would be room for everything in that box. But you never know where ugly it can be if B&O also leaves LC about the design. Regards / Peter Pan.

I'd prefer a slimmer sound bar that's longer than screens base ... and when a source is selected the acoustic lens rise from each side of the screen (like Aphrodite Big Smile) however then we would call it "sunrise" rather than "eclipse" Laughing

BeoNut since '75

Page 3 of 3 (88 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS