Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

BeoPlay M5 ?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 2 verified answers | 230 Replies | 4 Followers

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
482 Posts
Bronze Member
benoit posted on Tue, Dec 13 2016 9:35 PM

Does anyone know what kind of speaker it could be?

https://www.certipedia.com/companies/174322/product_certificates?locale=en

https://fccid.io/MSIP-RMM-BOA-BeoplayM5

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Fansastic
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by benoit

Hiort
Top 75 Contributor
Sweden
1,186 Posts
Gold Member
Answered (Verified) Hiort replied on Wed, Dec 28 2016 1:55 PM
Brigantinus:

My dealer is not very happy with the sound, he even didn't want to give a demonstration. And after a demonstration i can understand him. You can compare the sound with a radio clock (i think it is designed for that kind of use in the bedroom). If you have the space A6 ist much better.

In my ears definitely no "clock radio".

I was actually impressed.

I did not like the finish of the top plate, however.

All Replies

Sandyb
Top 500 Contributor
124 Posts
Bronze Member

completely agree, nice to have a decent range to chose from.....was just doing a side by side of my A9 and BS2 (i dont have an A6)...very different animals, the A9 is a much bigger sound - yes both have plenty of bass, but setting that aside, the A9 to me is very much worth the extra 350-400 pounds, much more detailed and open ....guess all depends on need i guess.....wouldnt be that happy with a BS2 in my bedroom, where i do some proper listening, while the A9 does a fab job there......and conversely the BS2 is excellent for my (smaller) home office.........re BS1 vs BS2, when i listened to them both, there is clearly a difference, though i expected it to be bigger, but in the end, i didn't need portability, and for the extra money i thought the BS2 was better value, and in the end a better sounding speaker.......

dasun
Top 500 Contributor
78 Posts
Bronze Member
dasun replied on Sat, Jan 7 2017 9:48 PM

by any chance: does anybody know, if there will be a wall bracket for the M5? 

Chris
Top 75 Contributor
Ostend-BE
1,007 Posts
Bronze Member
Chris replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 8:53 AM

Seanie_230:
I like the spec of the BS2 but not sure I like the look as much as the BS1, not hear it yet

I know I don't enjoy the sound of the A6 to much Bass, I find Beoplay stuff very heavy on laggy bass

A little to much bass, thats my thought also from the M5. Could it come from the difference in the enclosure between the BSs and Play products, aluminium versus hard plastic. The Kvadrat wool is muting also a lot of high freq. Wonder how it sounds without.

"Believe nothing you read and only half of what you see, let your ears tell you the truth."

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
119 Posts
Silver Member
egges replied on Sun, Jan 8 2017 9:20 AM

Chris:

... The Kvadrat wool is muting also a lot of high freq. Wonder how it sounds without.

to my surprise, there is, at least to me, no remarkable difference

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (3rd. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)//Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV//Büro: BLC NL/ML, ML/MCL-Converter mit BeoVox 6000 und IR-Auge, WesternDigital 4TB-Server//Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt//Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones) und als Frühstücksradio gewissermaßen: A6 oxidised brass SE

Seanie_230
Top 50 Contributor
UK
1,616 Posts
Gold Member
I think it may be audience, play might be aimed at the younger generation who may enjoy the beats style music full of bass and rumble.

For my kitchen I need a simple speaker with plenty of sound when needed without sounding to bass when listening to normal music.

BLGW - Rekindling the love of ML

Fansastic
Not Ranked
18 Posts
Bronze Member

does anybody knows if there is a correct pictogram for the m5 yet, when used in multiroom? Or should I aim for an bs1/2 to have correct pictograms (like a9/a6)

thanks

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,093 Posts
Bronze Member

Seanie_230:

I like the spec of the BS2 but not sure I like the look as much as the BS1, not hear it yet

I think I prefer the look of the BS2, personally. But I just like the portability of the BS1.

Mind you, showed a mate the new BS1 yesterday and he was distinctly unimpressed with the design, sound or anything! He asked why spent £1000 on a portable device with limited capacity - starting to think he has a point!

Maybe the BS2 is actually better value for what you get, performance-wise.

The A6 isn't too bassy for me Seanie? I've just configured mine so it's set as "corner", plus you can change the bass in the BeoSetup app. 

MircoHH
Top 500 Contributor
134 Posts
Bronze Member

Hi, 

I bought the Beoplay M5 for use in my bathroom. But I have the problem, that I always need the Beoplay App to start a source. The M5 doesn't remember the last source. 

Only if my Beosound Moment plays music, it is simple to join with just on tap on the top. 

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
4,093 Posts
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Wed, Jan 11 2017 9:02 PM

moxxey:

Mind you, showed a mate the new BS1 yesterday and he was distinctly unimpressed with the design, sound or anything! He asked why spent £1000 on a portable device with limited capacity - starting to think he has a point!

Erm, the BS1 is now £1250 at my dealer. Was £995 when I bought it on 31 Dec.

Sorry, but £1250 is mentality a small portable speaker. BS2 is better priced at £1495.

Dealer couldn't get their M5 to work either!

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
26 Posts
Bronze Member

I can't get the Beoplay app to work with it....Only the new Beosound app....Which doesn't have the room adjustment features. :(

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
119 Posts
Silver Member

M5 stripped and as i mentioned above: no remarkable difference to me with/without canvas

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (3rd. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)//Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV//Büro: BLC NL/ML, ML/MCL-Converter mit BeoVox 6000 und IR-Auge, WesternDigital 4TB-Server//Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt//Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones) und als Frühstücksradio gewissermaßen: A6 oxidised brass SE

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
119 Posts
Silver Member

too stupid, to get more than one photo in a post Big Smile

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
119 Posts
Silver Member

text necessary

Hiort
Top 75 Contributor
Sweden
1,186 Posts
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Mon, Jan 16 2017 10:17 AM

Is it correct that M5 has no built in sources as e.g A6 has?

So I can not only press the top and play the latest source?

I can only join an exiting source played on another NL device?

That would rule it out as speaker in my bedroom. I just want to tap it to start Tunein, or have it to start using timer.

egges
Top 500 Contributor
germoney
119 Posts
Silver Member
egges replied on Mon, Jan 16 2017 3:30 PM

somebody was kidding you. it's exactly the same except for the soundsettings which are done in the Beoplay app

Page 15 of 16 (231 items) « First ... < Previous 12 13 14 15 16 Next > | RSS