Oppo 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player Released

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 16 Replies | 2 Followers

ssbrig
Not Ranked
34 Posts
Bronze Member
ssbrig posted on Mon, Dec 12 2016 9:08 PM

The UDP-203 is available for pre-order today (in US) with a release date of December 12 for $549.  The Oppo site indicates a UDP-205 will be available in early 2017.  

Is anyone considering the UDP-203?  I'm tempted as it has all the important bases covered with HDR, 4:4:4, Dolby Vision support coming in early 2017, etc.  However it does not have built-in Netflix, Amazon, etc.  Oppo states they're going for a 'purist approach to disc and file playback'.  It is possible to connect via HDMI 2.0 a 4k-capable streaming device to the UDP-203 but the Oppo player does not support HDR via the HDMI in that a connected streaming device would utilize. 

All Replies

Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
9,843 Posts
Bronze Member

OPPO Global is big/huge.

OPPO Digital however, is an independently operated division of OPPO. Founded in 2004 and based in the United States.

The players are manufactured/assembled in China.

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

pjk561
Not Ranked
21 Posts
Bronze Member
pjk561 replied on Sun, Jul 16 2017 5:29 AM

I bought the 203 and am using it with a Beosystem 4 via the audio out HDMI connector of the 203. Very easy setup that the Beosystem 4 prompted me through. Watched John Wick 2 and WOW the audio was fantastic. I continue to be startled in some of the scenes with gunfire. Incredible dynamics. I haven't paid much attention to Atmos as I don't want more speakers and I don't believe it would be a significant improvement in my environment. Happy with the Beosystem 4.

Page 2 of 2 (17 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS