rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 0 Followers

John Painter
Not Ranked
Maine
3 Posts
Bronze Member
John Painter posted on Mon, Oct 31 2016 12:16 AM

My BM 2400 is making what sounds like feedback/static and it's very loud on the radio setting (phone and tape channels working fine) and is having a hard time finding a station (though I've got a number of strong FM stations close by), when I do it's very faint and staticy, I've got the regular rabbit ears with two prong connector (rabbit ears and connector are good) and for a hoot I tried the coaxial and got the same noise, I'm not sure what the issue is, any suggestions out there?

Would love to save it, but no radio is a deal breaker for me.  If it's something like changing caps, I have novice soldering skills and would feel comfortable going at it, if it's something more complex I might need to put the old girl down. Sad

All Replies

John Painter
Not Ranked
Maine
3 Posts
Bronze Member

All the caps are now replaced and the radio sounds awesome!  However the "Tape" does not work at all, not even a light on the console just a faint "pop" when I touch it, and the "Phono" works but is washed out - though I've only been able to playback my tape deck through the phono jack since I do not have a turntable at the moment, so I wonder if that's why it's washed out? 

I'm looking for some ideas of how to go about trouble shooting to get my Tape back an Phono sounding crisp.

https://youtu.be/Nvkn_u0HFLc

https

Anil
Not Ranked
New Delhi
8 Posts
Bronze Member
Anil replied on Sat, Mar 18 2017 10:46 PM

Dear Sir,

I read your  post with extreme interest and hope , since I have an old Beomaster 2400 , which is lying non functional since several years.

I have basic technical skills. Can you please guide me how you repaired your Radio & from where did you get the information and componenets.

Thanks a lot in advance

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS