rated by 0 users
This post has 85 Replies | 3 Followers

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 131
Bronze Member
Stevegee replied on Fri, Nov 11 2016 11:40 PM
I did reply earlier about price increases in UK, hasn't shown up. Anyway, try again, BS2 (and everything, on average of 9%) going up from Jan 1st - BS2 to £1,475 from £1,350 - so if I don't do it in December I may not
benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 554
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Thu, Nov 17 2016 6:15 PM

Luxussound has the 1 and 2 in the new special brass color for the same price Surprise. It is possible to place an order on their site, but I guess it must be a mistake.

moxxey
Top 25 Contributor
South West, UK
Posts 4,213
Bronze Member
moxxey replied on Thu, Nov 17 2016 6:40 PM

benoit:

Luxussound has the 1 and 2 in the new special brass color for the same price Surprise.

The BS1 is EUR1295 on their site, the BS2 is EUR1695.

It's cheaper for me to buy in GBP.

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 554
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Thu, Nov 17 2016 7:21 PM

They corrected the mistake!

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 131
Bronze Member
Stevegee replied on Sat, Apr 8 2017 10:35 AM
Hi, just to update. I couldn't resist. I picked up my BS2 yesterday. I am really pleased with it, looks great and sounds lovely. I think it would add something to any room it lives in.

Picture doesn't really do it justice, but here's one anyway.

paolomariano
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 553
Bronze Member
Stevegee:

Hi, just to update. I couldn't resist. I picked up my BS2 yesterday. I am really pleased with it, looks great and sounds lovely. I think it would add something to any room it lives in.

Picture doesn't really do it justice, but here's one anyway.

This is probably my next purchase... Smile

I think it is one the greatest product of these years.
egges
Top 200 Contributor
germoney
Posts 260
Silver Member
egges replied on Sat, Apr 8 2017 11:21 AM

congrats! my dealer gave me one for a two weeks test period with the result that i'll get mine next thursday. a real puncher 😃

Wohnzimmer: BeoVision Avant 55", BeoLab 11, 12-2 und 12-3 für 5.1-Sound + amazonFireTV, appleTV (4th. gen.) und Samsung BluRay-Player; BeoSound 2 (drahtlos), BeoSound 3000 (fast nur noch Deko)////Schlafzimmer: BeoEssence MkII, BeoLab 4000 + Samsung 46"-TV////Büro: BLC NL/ML, BeoSound 35, Thorens TD320MkII, Samsung 32"-TV, WesternDigital 4TB-Server////Bad: BeoLab 2000; alles CAT7 verkabelt////Küche: M5 (drahtlos) plus diverse apple-Geräte (macmini, macbook, ipads, iphones) und als Frühstücksradio gewissermaßen: A6 oxidised brass SE

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 131
Bronze Member
Stevegee replied on Sat, Apr 8 2017 10:25 PM
Thanks guys,

It really is good, a great addition and agree it could well become an icon.
BillC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Sun, Apr 9 2017 8:29 AM
Hi there

I've bought the BS2 and am very happy with it. It looks great and sounds brilliant. My use case is quite different as we use it both as the center speakers for a 5.1 surround system and speaker for streaming music. FYI the tone for the BS 2 is similar to the BeoLab 18s that I have for the fronts of the surround system - well at least according to my ears. I was a bit hesitant on the BS2 for surround sound but a very happy with it. Next step would be the Beosound Shape for the ceiling to make a Dolby Atmos!!
Duels
Top 50 Contributor
England
Posts 1,411
Gold Member
Duels replied on Sun, Apr 9 2017 9:55 AM
BillC:

Hi there

I've bought the BS2 and am very happy with it. It looks great and sounds brilliant. My use case is quite different as we use it both as the center speakers for a 5.1 surround system and speaker for streaming music. FYI the tone for the BS 2 is similar to the BeoLab 18s that I have for the fronts of the surround system - well at least according to my ears. I was a bit hesitant on the BS2 for surround sound but a very happy with it. Next step would be the Beosound Shape for the ceiling to make a Dolby Atmos!!

Hi

Can you post a picture of your BS2 in use as a centre speaker? Interesting way of using it!
BillC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Mon, Apr 10 2017 10:27 AM

It's sitting down the lower left of the picture. Sorry about the mess I'm still renovating the room. It's not the most fashionable for now - rest of room is covered with toys tooStick out tongue
Millemissen
Top 10 Contributor
Flensborg, Denmark
Posts 9,357
Bronze Member

You wrote 'center speaker', didn't you?

Center is in the middle between the fronts, or?

Perhaps you move it to the center, when you need it there?

MM

There is a tv - and there is a BV.

BillC
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 101
Bronze Member
BillC replied on Mon, Apr 10 2017 10:55 PM
Yes I did and no I don't. As the BS2 has a wide sound dispersion with the acoustic lens I don't find it an issue being not directly in the middle. That being said if it was a normal speaker I'd find issue with that. In my case centre would mean the centre signal of the surround sound audioBig Smile
AdamS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Tue, Apr 11 2017 1:09 PM

We bought a BS1 at the weekend and it looks lovely in the kitchen. Can't tell you how it sounds yet as I still can't get it to work...Sad

I do miss the days of proper user manuals rather than trendy online videos that are no help at all if the thing isn't doing what it's supposed to!

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 131
Bronze Member
Stevegee replied on Tue, Apr 11 2017 1:53 PM
Hi AdamS.

Sorry to hear that!

Not meaning to rub it in, I just plugged the BS2 in, connected the Ethernet cable, ran the update using the BeoSetup app and everything worked, 2 mins tops. I assume they run very similar internals for start up.

Sorry if you have tried this, but have you used the app to run the software update?

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,400
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 11 2017 2:30 PM

AdamS:

We bought a BS1 at the weekend and it looks lovely in the kitchen. Can't tell you how it sounds yet as I still can't get it to work...Sad

I do miss the days of proper user manuals rather than trendy online videos that are no help at all if the thing isn't doing what it's supposed to!

Where in the setup process do you have problems?

In normal cases you just power it up, and after a while (you will hear a sound) it will appear under your wifi settings in e.g your iPhone.

From there you will be guided what to do.

Once setup, you can do additional settings using the Beosetup app or accessing via Bonjour, if you have a mac.

/C

AdamS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Tue, Apr 11 2017 3:14 PM

Well, the instruction video says to power it up and wait 75 seconds, whereupon the control LED will be red, it will appear as an Airplay speaker in my iPad's network settings and I can select it to add it to my wi-fi network, and then find it listed in the Beosetup app to continue.

However, the LED in mine is continually blue which apparently means its not configured and not in configuration mode. Unfortunately, there are no instructions on how to persuade it into this mode and, of course, it's not appearing on my network or in the Beosetup app, and so I can't go any further!

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,400
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Tue, Apr 11 2017 3:22 PM

AdamS:

Well, the instruction video says to power it up and wait 75 seconds, whereupon the control LED will be red, it will appear as an Airplay speaker in my iPad's network settings and I can select it to add it to my wi-fi network, and then find it listed in the Beosetup app to continue.

However, the LED in mine is continually blue which apparently means its not configured and not in configuration mode. Unfortunately, there are no instructions on how to persuade it into this mode and, of course, it's not appearing on my network or in the Beosetup app, and so I can't go any further!

Try to reset using a paper clip and press in the little hole underneath the speaker and redo the setup.

AnalogPlanet
Top 150 Contributor
Zagreb, Croatia
Posts 372
Gold Member

Whatever you do, first connect it to Ethernet with the cable and set it up (including WiFi network access). Once you're good with setup and config you can unplug it and use it on wireless.

Saves a lot of nerves and frustration. :)

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 131
Bronze Member
Stevegee replied on Tue, Apr 11 2017 5:08 PM
AdamS - Have you seen this FAQs page? Quite useful to keep hold of.

https://support.bang-olufsen.com/hc/en-us/articles/207447319-What-do-the-red-amber-white-blue-lights-on-my-BeoSound-1-indicate-

I didn't use the airplay way. Just the BeoSetup app to update - I do have it Ethernet connected (not wifi) - and then it just worked.

I haven't used airplay, but will check when home that setting up through the app enables it to show up in airplay. Sure it will.

Nickname
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Bronze Member
Nickname replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 9:46 AM

I just received my Beosound 2 brass. As i live in a apartment I feel like it's more important to have speaker that sounds great without blasting away my neighbours than to have a speaker that can go very loud. This is exactly where the beosound 2 excels. As the speaker is sitting in the middel of the living room i must say that i don't find the Bass to overwhelming. Anyway super happy with the bs2. The setup app is a joke, performance and ux are terrible. Shoot me any questions about the speaker :) 

elephant
Top 10 Contributor
AU
Posts 7,017
Founder
elephant replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 10:02 AM
Nice picture Nickname nice surroundings- congratulations

BeoNut since '75

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 131
Bronze Member
Stevegee replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 11:07 AM
Agreed, great picture Nickname - much better than mine Wink

That's a good point, it's a quality and well balanced sound without overpowering the rest of the house.

AdamS
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 156
Gold Member
AdamS replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 1:07 PM

Everyone,

Thanks for the advice above - BS1 now reset, configured and making great noises! Smile

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,400
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 1:38 PM

AdamS:

Everyone,

Thanks for the advice above - BS1 now reset, configured and making great noises! Smile

Awesome! Have fun!

TS
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
TS replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 1:46 PM

I have a BS2 in the bedroom and a A9 in our library - The speakers are very different to my mind - both excellent. The A9 has a  RMS rating of 160 and the BS2 a rating of 71 - in my case it does not matter as they both are vey powerful. The only annoying thing about the BS2 is that it does not support the BEOSOUND ESSENCE REMOTE which would be handy in the bedroom - I have an essence remote connected to the A9 and it's really nice

I would not see BS2 as a replacement for the A9 rather if you can I would use both. The A9 is most likely better in a big room e.g. more powerful but the 360 and subwoofer like ability of the BS2 makes it very very nice.   

TS
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
TS replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 1:46 PM

I have a BS2 in the bedroom and a A9 in our library - The speakers are very different to my mind - both excellent. The A9 has a  RMS rating of 160 and the BS2 a rating of 71 - in my case it does not matter as they both are vey powerful. The only annoying thing about the BS2 is that it does not support the BEOSOUND ESSENCE REMOTE which would be handy in the bedroom - I have an essence remote connected to the A9 and it's really nice

I would not see BS2 as a replacement for the A9 rather if you can I would use both. The A9 is most likely better in a big room e.g. more powerful but the 360 and subwoofer like ability of the BS2 makes it very very nice.   

TS
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
TS replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 1:47 PM

Ups sorry the double post

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,400
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 1:57 PM

TS:

The only annoying thing about the BS2 is that it does not support the BEOSOUND ESSENCE REMOTE which would be handy in the bedroom - I have an essence remote connected to the A9 and it's really nice

Are you sure? Thought that was added in the latest update, but with a note that it was "experimental" ore something like that.

TS
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
TS replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 5:48 PM

Well I have one downstairs - I go and check

TS
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Bronze Member
TS replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 5:57 PM

Wow thanks you are correct - Funny thing B&O shop checked with somebody and they said it was not supported - but the  great news is that I now works - so happy - now I just need to get another one for the library - but I can live with that

Hiort
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
Posts 1,400
Gold Member
Hiort replied on Wed, Apr 12 2017 8:58 PM

TS:

Wow thanks you are correct - Funny thing B&O shop checked with somebody and they said it was not supported - but the  great news is that I now works - so happy - now I just need to get another one for the library - but I can live with that

Glad to help Smile

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member

I see the firmware was updated on March 30, 2017:

v. 1.12. 9531 - Released: 30.03.2017
This update includes the following new features & improvements:
  • Added Sound Settings (bass, treble, loudness and position) which can be accessed via the App product settings
  • Improvements on the setup experience via the App
  • Fixed issue with some wireless networks that their names contained special characters
  • Fixed issue where music would stop playing if two Bluetooth devices were connected at the same time
  • Fixed issue where software update might fail sometimes
  • Other smaller fixes and improvement

Can anyone comment on how the "sound settings" work? I found the bass overwhelming when I auditioned the unit upon release - but if the equalization works well, I may have to re-test.

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,499
Founder
Peter replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 5:20 PM

You can reduce the bass - but in fact what you can do really is turn off the loudness and this fixes things almost perfectly to my ears. It doesn't work very well with my echo dot though so is relegated to the music room at present until I work out what I am going to do with it!

Peter

daneshpastry
Not Ranked
Posts 36
Bronze Member

Thanks!

I'm going back and forth between the BS2 and the A9 - I can't decide! At the moment, the A9 is overkill in my tiny apartment, but overall, the sound is more robust. When I auditioned the BS2, I immediately excluded it over the boomy bass...so now it's back on the table.

In the end there's a $1000 CAD difference between the two after taxes. Hmmmm......

benoit
Top 150 Contributor
North East France
Posts 554
Bronze Member
benoit replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 8:16 PM

As I told in another post, since the last update the BS2 is almost perfect. Very powerful and not boomy anymore, although I have it in a corner (not the best situation). It's very impressive, clear and loud, small and easy to place with 360° sound, and is aluminium made. I like the feeling when turning the wheel to adjust the sound level. A9 is Beoplay, very nice but not the same design, very big, and for sure more powerful... For my small (20sqm) living room, the BS2 is already more then enough. I tried it to my parents living room (45sqm) and still more then enough according to my taste (and the neighbors too ;-). Good luck for the choice. But anyway you cannot be wrong whatever you will choose.

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
Posts 442
Bronze Member
Sandyb replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 8:26 PM

agree completely, i have both the A9 and the BS2, both excellent products.....personally, i don't use them in a lounge / living area, as i like a bigger room filling sound, but regardless, they are both excellent......and the BS2 i think is really worth the extra money vs the BS1, to my ears anyway......

Stevegee
Top 500 Contributor
Dorset, UK
Posts 131
Bronze Member
Stevegee replied on Thu, Apr 20 2017 11:26 PM
I find the control with positioning setting i.e corner, wall or free makes a big difference to the bass. I have it set to 'corner' and find that offers the best balance for me. Set to 'free' it really is a bass monster, I understand what others have said. But now you can choose position, loudness and bass/treble levels it's just what is needed, I really enjoy it. Along with the A6 it's my favourite if the recent products. Playing Bowie, Blackstar from my NAS (flac) is just sublime on the BS2!
mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
Posts 1,471
Founder
https://www.bose.se/sv_se/products/speakers/wireless_speakers/soundlink_revolve_plus.html#v=soundlink_revolve_plus_triple_black_eu

Surprise

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

Peter
Top 10 Contributor
Earsdon
Posts 11,499
Founder
Peter replied on Sun, May 7 2017 6:13 PM

Much smaller and is a portable speaker. Quite good reviews though.

Peter

Page 2 of 3 (86 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS