Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to tell us about your new email address

BV14 and Beovision Horizon - any feedback?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 4 verified answers | 371 Replies | 11 Followers

Guy
Top 75 Contributor
Bucharest, Romania
903 Posts
Gold Member
Guy posted on Sat, Oct 8 2016 4:30 PM

Considering that both the BV14 and Beovision Horizon have been out for several weeks there's been very little feedback on this forum!  Does anyone have either and is in a position report how they have got on?  Or is everyone hanging on for the anticipated new TVs next summer?

I am in the market for a new B&O TV and would like to purchase this side of Xmas.  I have been very disappointed with 'android' in the past (albeit with a tablet), hence I am particularly interested in the new android interface and whether the SW runs well?

Anyone?

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Thu, Oct 27 2016 1:00 PM
Verified by kuyttendaele

I have just been informed that there indeed is a bug in the audio-part of the software and that this will be rewritten. As the connection with the Beoremote One BT concerns; there should not be a connection issue. B&O thinks the problem should be within the TV and that the TV should be shut off from power for a time (+ half an hour). Afterwards the remote should not have connection issues anymore.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member
Verified by Sjengie

I have been using the BV 40 since launch and I do have many software glitches which none of the updates have solved yet.

I am also waiting for update to connect to my wireless speakers eg beosound 1. The TV stops at times without any reason, the TV guide crashed all the time. Sometimes you switch it on and the remote is bklocked after which you have to unplug and plug it again. I can go on and on ...

Dealer says updates are coming and it will take time. Is okay for me but my wife hates it.

Worst is that netflix app does not work on the beovision. 

My dealer told me that B&O recommends to use apple tv. Some argue between B&O and Netflix.

Unbelieveable. I have a subscription with Netflix, I should be able to use it.

The TV itself looks very very nice but is too buggy if you ask me.

I give it another month or so, if the Android glitches are not solved soon I will return it.

good luck

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
Answered (Verified) BartS replied on Sun, Mar 12 2017 4:19 PM
Verified by boskonay

As said before: at this stage you have to contact your dealer. He passes your serial number through to B&O and subsequently the update will be transferred to your Beovision. I guess it wil take a few weeks before the update is automatically transferred to all the NG Beovisions.

TEL
Not Ranked
33 Posts
Founder
Answered (Verified) TEL replied on Tue, Mar 14 2017 8:00 PM
Verified by TEL

Many thanks Sandyb - I'll probably go ahead with Avant NG 55 later this week

All Replies

Michael
Top 50 Contributor
Sweden
1,873 Posts
Bronze Member
By the way:

Avant 55" 2014 edge lit and local dimming

Avant 55" 2016 NG backlit and no local dimming, right?
Fansastic
Top 500 Contributor
67 Posts
Bronze Member
Hi all,

Is there any new about software update for BV14/H ?

I'm still on the .115 software and some of you already uses .116 which solves speaker group issues. I still encounter problems using Multiroom setup. Although the TV is much more stable, it still feels there is a lot to improve. I hope B&O keeps determined to further develop this platform
Rob
Not Ranked
Germany
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Rob replied on Sun, May 7 2017 3:48 AM
After reading all this I am really apprehensive to go ahead with ordering a new Avant. Horrible experiences. After giving up with Spotify on the BS5 I don't feel like wasting nearly 8 grand on a TV that doesn't work either. I'm still using my BV5 and am in the market for a new TV. B&O are offering a good trade-in price for the BV5 but if it's worth the pain? Surprise.... Are there any positive user experiences out there? I'm a Loyal B&O fan through and through and can't believe what I'm reading here!
Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

I am okay with how my BVH40 is improving with every update. I am on 115 update and things have improved significantly from when i bought it last year in august.

Since the last update I can join my beosound 1's and now i can have multiroom music. It is not yet the experience I expected for example I have Google stuff (Home, Wifi, Watch, Pixels etc) and the BV cannot join using google cast. You need to use the remote one. I cannot create a chromecast group including the BVH. But multiroom works the way B&O intended I guess.

They only that doesnt work smoothly yet is Netflix (the Netherlands). Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. The trick I use it to start from my Pixel and cast it to the BVH. Works for me but wife who is not so techy doesnt like it :-).

good luck on your choice.

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

I am okay with how my BVH40 is improving with every update. I am on 115 update and things have improved significantly from when i bought it last year in august.

Since the last update I can join my beosound 1's and now i can have multiroom music. It is not yet the experience I expected for example I have Google stuff (Home, Wifi, Watch, Pixels etc) and the BV cannot join using google cast. You need to use the remote one. I cannot create a chromecast group including the BVH. But multiroom works the way B&O intended I guess.

They only that doesnt work smoothly yet is Netflix (the Netherlands). Sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt. The trick I use it to start from my Pixel and cast it to the BVH. Works for me but wife who is not so techy doesnt like it :-).

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

Sjengie
Not Ranked
16 Posts
Bronze Member

sorry all, somehow i managed to push the post button a zillion time ....Angry

BartS
Top 500 Contributor
65 Posts
Bronze Member
BartS replied on Sun, May 7 2017 11:39 AM

Unfortunately the current software can still crash, I experienced yesterday.

kuyttendaele
Top 200 Contributor
297 Posts
Founder

Sjengie:

From what I know... Netflix on the BeoVision 14/Horizon is gonna happen. Conflict between B&O and Netflix (something about a dedicated Netflix button and so on...)... and Netflix will not authorise the B&O platform to have Netflix onboard.. So sometimes it works.. and sometimes it doesn't...

Some criteria that Netflix is using: https://devices.netflix.com/en/recommendedtv/2017/

(and probably... but that is a wild guess... B&O needs to pay Netflix to have the app onboard..)

Karel.

Sandyb
Top 150 Contributor
371 Posts
Bronze Member

i'd be surprised if it does reappear soon(properly at least).....while the BV14 appears to meet Netflix's criteria on the surface, Nefiix are being increasingly firm in their dealings with hardware makers.....they excluded it from the new Vizio's i think, and even the new Oppo 4K Bluray player.....but who knows with these things, these situations tend to evolve over time.....the insistence on a dedicated Netflix remote button seems stupid to me......

Rob
Not Ranked
Germany
13 Posts
Bronze Member
Rob replied on Fri, May 19 2017 12:20 AM
I have decided to go for it and placed my trust in B&O - Avant is ordered. Devil
BAND'OH!
Top 150 Contributor
351 Posts
Bronze Member

Good luck!

mr_anders_son
Top 50 Contributor
sweden
1,456 Posts
Founder
Downloading a new update now! Wonder what it is??Unsure

BeoVision 14-55 oak...BeoLab 8002 as FRONT....BeoLab 4000 as REAR....BL19 SUB copper 90's edt....BV5 2xHDMI....BV7-32 MK3....BC6-26....Beosound 9000....BeoRemote One BT....Beo6....Beo4....Beo4 Cinema....BeoLink 7000....Serene....H8....H6 90´s Rose Gold edt....Form 1....U70...A2 Black Copper Special Edt

Page 24 of 25 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 21 22 23 24 25 Next > | RSS