Sign in   |  Join   |  Help
Click here to see Christmas Prizes
Click here to change your Beoworld Account Details

Lintronic?

rated by 0 users
Answered (Not Verified) This post has 0 verified answers | 53 Replies | 1 Follower

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
889 Posts
Bronze Member
mjmedlo posted on Tue, Mar 24 2015 2:43 PM
Anyone using?

Thoughts?

I'm to receive one and am looking for thoughts and reviews?

All Replies

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,677 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Tue, Mar 24 2015 3:10 PM

Which one did you buy? And what will it do?

I`m using the TT-238 since years , it`s a great product. Connected to my BV7 cinema control - works via digital inputs.

A second one is working in the bedroom of my son. The TT-238 controls a wild mix of Beo- and non Beo-devices like a BM4500 with BG4500, a Digiality-box, Samsung Monitor, X-Box....

A third one is for spare, testing new products in the house, that has no puc control. Therefore I`m using the "scart solution".

Relay 108 controls fourteen Somfy 24V blinds via mlgw/RS232, and a few weeks ago, I received the new LIN-433 to integrate the RF security system with RF keyremotes. 

Michaels (Lindgaard) support is simply great.

It will take some time to get used to the Lintronic programming, but it`s also a lot of fun...:)

Enjoy your new Lintronic...

Stefan

beojeff
Top 75 Contributor
USA
1,040 Posts
Bronze Member

I've been using Lintronic code-converters for years to fill in what might be missing from the PUC. You can also program one of their code-converters to connect to your BeoSystem or B&O TV to act upon the CINEMA trigger to send out IR commands when you go into CINEMA mode and to send out other IR commands when you go out of CINEMA mode. This takes a bit of work since you have to create the cable to connect to the BeoSystem/TV. Michael at Lintronic is very fast in personally responding to emails for help. However, he rarely tells you exactly how to do something. Rather, he points you to one of the documented resources on his website -- which can be rather hard to understand and you really have to read the entire thing very carefully. Also, the website is very confusing to navigate to find exactly what you're looking for. Once you get it working, though, it works exactly as it should.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
889 Posts
Bronze Member
I want to use a third party panel with a Beolink NL converter or an active kit.

I want to use a beo4 to turn on the tv and have sound come through the active kit or converter.

Id like to use only one beolink eye for both but don't know if that's possible.
Saxpy
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
Saxpy replied on Tue, Mar 24 2015 3:54 PM

I've been using them for years now. Started out with a TT238 but switched a few months ago to the new version, LIN-433 get support for 433MHz radio as well. Works just great.

Controlling my Sony TV, AppleTV, Set-top box, Bluray player along with B&O audio system with just a Beo4. With the addidion of the LIN-433 I now control all NEXA switches as well.

It's a very powerful system and I love it, not that difficult to get started but it takes a bit of thinking to really get the most of the features.

The support is top-notch I think but it's recommended to read through the documentation first. I do agree that the website could use a bit clean up.

Saxpy
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
Saxpy replied on Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:12 PM

mjmedlo:
I want to use a third party panel with a Beolink NL converter or an active kit.

I want to use a beo4 to turn on the tv and have sound come through the active kit or converter.

Id like to use only one beolink eye for both but don't know if that's possible.

I have a Sony TV connected to a BeoLink Converter that is connected via ML to a Beosound 3000. That setup works just fine. Press TV and everything is up and running! :-)

lonfred
Top 500 Contributor
188 Posts
Bronze Member
Does the Lin-433 has strong RF transmitter? I have a couple of nexa wrr-1 relays on my second floor that I would like to control by my MLGW. Today I use a weak Nexa transmitter and sometimes the signals from this is not strong enough.
mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
889 Posts
Bronze Member

and the TV sound comes through the active kit?

via the ML or are you running something 'out' of the sony tv

and in to the active kit?

getting my ducks in a row

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
889 Posts
Bronze Member

Saxpy
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
Saxpy replied on Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:48 PM

lonfred:
Does the Lin-433 has strong RF transmitter? I have a couple of nexa wrr-1 relays on my second floor that I would like to control by my MLGW. Today I use a weak Nexa transmitter and sometimes the signals from this is not strong enough.

I haven't done any scientific tests but it seems to be more powerful than the normal nexa transmitters at least in my house

Saxpy
Not Ranked
10 Posts
Bronze Member
Saxpy replied on Tue, Mar 24 2015 4:53 PM

mjmedlo:

I don't use the active kit, I use the Beolink Converter instead, the MCL/ML converter that is. The audio signal comes out of the Sony TV via RCA to the active kit and then from there over ML to the Beosound. The speakers are connected to the Beosound.

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
889 Posts
Bronze Member

My concern is the cabling from the lintronic to the NL/ML converter; that particular eye requires an rj45 connection; 

I'll be required to go in to the Lintronic from the eye receiver supplied with their package and then extend

the connection/commands on over to the converter after that.

I want to be able to control a cable box with the intronic as well.  I wonder if "TV" can both send the power command

for a third party panel and I could use the red button as I do on the beo4 to pull up the guide on the cable box?

In other words. .. if TV turns on the third party panel, will the red button control another product i.e. stb?

stefan
Top 50 Contributor
200 miles from Struer
2,677 Posts
Founder
stefan replied on Wed, Mar 25 2015 12:18 PM

mjmedlo:

My concern is the cabling from the lintronic to the NL/ML converter; that particular eye requires an rj45 connection; 

I'll be required to go in to the Lintronic from the eye receiver supplied with their package and then extend

the connection/commands on over to the converter after that.

I`m not quite sure, but I think you can use the IR transmitting outputs to wire the IR input of an active kit or converter. Though you will need a special cable with an RJ45 plug.

mjmedlo:

I want to be able to control a cable box with the intronic as well.  I wonder if "TV" can both send the power command

for a third party panel and I could use the red button as I do on the beo4 to pull up the guide on the cable box?

In other words. .. if TV turns on the third party panel, will the red button control another product i.e. stb?

Yes. You can program macros for every command. Lintronic works the same way Beo does. You have modes and commands.

Mode is for example TV, command is a number (0-9), the color buttons, arrows left right, up-down....

So pressing TV can execute an action that will start up your panel and the cable box. Now pressing the green button (for example in TV mode) can activate the program guide in your cable. So you can map all Beo4 commands (in TV mode) to your cable box and all commands (for example in DVD mode) to your BR player..... There are sometimes problems with hold commands like volume up/down, just test it. But won`t be a problem, if you use a Beo-amp...:)

Also it might be a bit tricky to handle toggle commands like Power on many Hifi products. Beo4/5/6 wants to activate a device by pressing the source (TV, DVD, CD, RADIO....) and set the product, amp and speakers to standby pressing the red button (stdby button).

In this case "Variables" are a very useful tool.

Stefan

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
889 Posts
Bronze Member

I hope to receive it this week or next.

I'll update with my progress!

thanks

MJM

mjmedlo
Top 100 Contributor
889 Posts